- You need a permit to purchase all consumer fireworks.
- We have an online store ONLY and take orders that we pre-pack in Hobart.
- The public can only get Type 2 Permits ONCE a year now at Cracker Night, so make the most it!
Cracker night 2021 permits NOW AVAILABLE. To Keep informed make sure you are signed up to our Newsletter.
PLEASE NOTE: For cracker night, fireworks are only available to the public of Tasmania and a permit is required to both purchase and use fireworks.
We cannot sell or send fireworks to the public outside of Tasmania.
Fireworks and permits are only available to Tasmanian residents
Bright Star Fireworks
We conduct professional fireworks displays and retail fireworks to the public in Tasmania. We are the biggest retailer of fireworks in Tasmania, and the only Tasmanian based professional fireworks company in Tasmania.
We are committed to safety and our proud of our customers excellent safety record over the years. We offer the retail of fireworks through our virtual shop, and our customers absolutely love it.
Key steps to get your Fireworks
Collect your FIREWORKS. We have 17 different locations and dates to make it easy to find the time to pick up and pay for your order. We accept cash and also have eftpos facilities.
Enjoy your FIREWORKS with friends and family! Have a great time and play safe.
Cracker Night 2021 Permit Now Available!
COVID/Public Health Restrictions
Permit holders must comply with Public Health Directions that are in place at the time of the display. Permit holders must check and be up-to-date with the latest requirements and advice.
Guidance for people conducting household social events is available at coronavirus.tas.gov.au (external link).
As at 1 February 2021:
- you can only have a maximum of 100 people on your property. This includes children and babies
- if you or anyone who lives at the house is unwell, you should not have visitors
- if anyone in your house is in quarantine, you cannot have visitors to your house who don’t normally live there
- if any invited guests are unwell, they should stay at their home
- you should make sure you have enough space for all your guests to be spread out and comfortable
- you should provide hand sanitiser to your guests if possible and make sure there is plenty of soap available at sinks.
Permit holders are advised that if public health directions change, then this may impact on the issuance of permits or require the cancellation of permits already issued.